As part of The Howard Group’s due diligence, we always look at the people behind the company before we invest and/or engage with the company to become an HG client. Experience, background and track record of success are key points of consideration.
Critical Elements’ management team was a key factor leading to our involvement and investment. On that note, it was announced today that the board is gaining a key new member, which could be instrumental in assisting near term opportunities through negotiations with potential off-take customers.
The Company announced that it has added Mr. Matthew Lauriston Starnes as a director of the Corporation.
Mr. Starnes’ impressive background and experience include:
- Serving as legal counsel for one of the biggest Japanese trading houses (Sumitomo Corp’s Mineral Resources Division) in Tokyo.
- Extensive experience with contract negotiations with Japanese lenders and off take agreements with buyers worldwide.
- Practiced as a corporate lawyer for major law firms in Montreal.
- Expertise in good governance procedures, taxation laws, civil law, common law, arbitration, government relations and permitting.
- Japan-based and very familiar with Japanese culture and mindset.
“With his many years of experience, Matthew Starnes will bring experience in legal matters and governance to Critical Elements Corporation,” said Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Click here to see the news release.
- Ariel Cobangbang